God I love this image! Not only is it Rachel, one of my favourite brides of all time but it really sums up what I look for when it comes to my work as a wedding photographer both now and in the future. I want to create stunning images that the bride & groom will fall in love with. I want to have lots of fun doing it. I also want the bride & groom to have the best time being photographed. But it’s not just about what I want. Wedding photography is always a team effort between the photographer and the bride & groom. So we’ve got to be a good fit.
Couples quite rightly have a checklist of what they want when they are choosing a wedding photographer. So for the sake of completeness, here’s a checklist of what I’m looking for when it comes to choosing a bride & groom.
1. Number one – you’re damn lovely people!
2. Couples who don’t take themselves too seriously, who can laugh at me, at themselves, at life.
3. Couples who agree with me that having fun with the people you love most is what weddings are all about.
4. Couples who will prioritise photography and therefore will schedule plenty of photography time into their wedding day.
5. Couple’s who are brave enough / crazy enough to just run with my imagination. And I mean jump in with both feet!
If you can’t tick all 5 then I’m not the photographer for you.